Dog reflexologist education
What can the education give you?
Our dog reflexology education makes you qualified to help dogs and cats with pain, discomfort, behavioral problems and other problems such as allergies, anxiety, stomach problems, ear problems and much more.
You will achieve a professional approach to practicing reflexology and acupressure on dogs and cats as well as applying other complementary treatment such as homeopathic medicine and Bach’s flower remedies.
How can I study dog reflexology On-line?
Our dogreflexologist education has got new structure: read and rehearse at your convenience! The education has this way both become cheaper and better because you can find all the material on videos – and watch them when it fits into your everyday life. Learn how to help dogs and cats with pain, behavioral problems and, e.g., allergies, anxiety, stomach problems, ear problems, etc.
The videos are:
- All 10 systems e.g. the digestive system- how they are treated and with the reflex areas close-up
- Yin and yang
- Meridians and acupressure points
- The 5 elements, The Chinese clock and psyche / behavior
- PDF files with slides for the videos
- Muscles controlled by the organs
- Qi and Blood
- Face reflexology
- The organs ́ function according to TCM
- Homeopathy and Bach’s remedies
- Summary of diagnosis methods (TCM) and and how to treat
- Journal writing and examples of cases
- 4 video modules anatomy / physiology with veterinarian Katrine Boel – you will gain a basic knowledge of the dog’s anatomy and physiology.
- And much much more
You will get access to each module and assignments continuously to ensure your professional level and at the speed you want to complete the education.
We have the oral examination 3 times a year: the last Friday in January, May and Octobre – you plan your written and oral exam so it suits you.
Veterinarian Katrine Boel also examines you together with Vivian Birlie
The dog reflexology education
- You will learn about Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which is the theoretical background for reflexology and acupuncture. This combination of knowledge from the West and the East has proved to be able to help dogs with physical as well as behavioral problems
- The book “Dog reflexology and acupressure” is the first book in the world regarding reflexology on dogs, where the dog’s organs and other areas of the body are illustrated anatomically and technically correct. The book is authored by Vivian Birlie and contains clear and precise illustrations compiled by Vivian Birlie with consultancy services in anatomy/physiology from veterinarian Zita Birlie. This book is also the syllabus and the basis for the education
- As a student, you will get an insight into the structure and functions of each organ and organ system, both in detail and in a greater perspective
- It is very important that you practice between the lessons, as reflexology is a craft. Our experience shows that you should practice at least on one dog per week throughout the education to obtain sufficient knowledge and pass the exams
- If you are a Danish and take this education and wish to join the Sammenslutningen af Godkendte Hundezoneterapeuter, it is a requirement that you participate in the modules on diet and behavior in our physical education. It has a fee of DKK 1500. See the calendar here
Please see the modules and the educationalplan here.
Price: 1700 EUR
The Institute offers:
- Lectures by the author of the book
- Highly qualified external educator in anatomy, physiology and pathology: Veterinarian Katrine Boel
- Assignments on the entire syllabus
- During the education, free supervision via mail is provided
- The institute’s certificate
- Registration on the institute’s website (list of practitioners for dog owners)
The education ends with:
- A written exam consisting of multiple choice and explanatory questions (Online)
- A written assignment/case with a dog and its owner
- An oral exam – Online – where you will present the written assignment and be examined in it, the systems, meridians, acupressurepoints, and the 5 Elements
The price of the education: 1700 Euro
Please contact us if you are interested in the education or sign up further down the page:
Entry form for education
Vivian Birlie is a reflexologist, acupuncturist and author. Since 1997 she has treated both humans and dogs. She has been teaching reflexology and acupuncture since 2000.
During her long-time as an educator, Vivian Birlie has authored a great deal of teaching material. This background, along with 16 years of experience in journalism and technical computer knowledge at the Danish Broadcasting Corporation, has made Vivian’s books possible.
Her 2 books about dog reflexology and acupressure in English are:
- “Dog reflexology and acupressure” , a textbook. The Danish edition was released in August 2016 in Denmark and the English version was published in January 2017
- "Dog reflexology and acupressure for owners" (Gyldendal 2019). The Danish edition was published in January 2018. It descibes how you as a dogowner can help your dog (and as a matter of fact cats as well) with pain, discomfort and problems – including behavioral problems
Education and courses:
She teaches at her Sano Canis Institute, which offers a one-year veterinarian certified dog reflexologist education. It takes place in Denmark and England - Read more abot dog reflexology. Vivian also gives lectures and teaches courses in human acupuncture and reflexology. On her facebook page, you can get good advice on how to relieve the most common disorders in dogs and cats.
Vivian also gives good advice on the Danish Kennel Club's website and Facebook page.
Vivian also gives lectures - contact her to hear more.